Share Your Expertise, Teach for OLLI Mason!
About Our Teachers
- To teach a course for OLLI Mason, please complete the online course proposal form found at: https://olli.gmu.edu/olli-course-proposal-form/ Ensure that you click 'submit' at the bottom of the form. You may also download and print the form and submit it to the OLLI Mason office, ATTN: Program Associates.
- Course ideas or questions about teaching can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you plan to teach a course/presentation associated with a trip or performance, you need to submit a course proposal form, with description, so we can place it in the catalog. You also must submit a special event form to allow staff to secure all needed resources (bus, tickets, etc.) associated with your trip/performance. The special event form can be found at: https://olli.gmu.edu/bus-trip-performances-proposal-form/
- Please note that proposals are due approximately 6 months before the start of each term due to catalog production deadlines. Deadlines for submitting course proposals are as follows:
* Winter 2024: January 22—February 16
(Proposal due date: July 24, 2023)
* Spring 2024: March 25—May 17
(Proposal due date: October 6, 2023)
* Summer 2024: June 24—August 2
(Proposal due date: January 26, 2024)
* Fall 2024: September 23—November 15
(Proposal due date: April 8, 2024)
- OLLI Mason member volunteers in program planning groups review and select course offerings for each term from proposals submitted by prospective instructors.
About Our Classes
- OLLI Mason welcomes dynamic and engaging volunteer instructors to share their knowledge, passions, and hobbies with our community of lifelong learners. (note: OLLI Mason does not financially compensate instructors)
- OLLI Mason instructors include all types--those who have taught in a university or other educational institution, as well as those who have not taught before but have a particular expertise, art, hobby, or interest to share. OLLI Mason instructors and students enjoy exploring intellectual issues together without the pressure of exams or grades.
- Classes are offered during daytime hours in our four-week winter term, eight-week spring term, six-week summer term and eight-week fall term. For term dates, click here.
- Classes can be multi-session lectures (lasting 2 to 8 weeks) or one-time lectures. Sessions are 85 minutes long.
- Instructors may choose to teach virtually, utilizing the Zoom platform, or in person at any one of our three campuses: Fairfax, Mason at Loudoun, or Reston. Instructors may also choose to teach using a hybrid format, with both an in person and virtual component.
- OLLI Mason members are engaged and appreciative lifelong learners. Instructors will be rewarded by members' intelligence and curiosity.
- Instructors who are not OLLI Mason members may attend a maximum of two courses, during each term they teach, on a space-available basis.
- Instructors will enjoy invitations to special events and receptions hosted by OLLI Mason.