We are currently accepting proposals for Winter Term 2022 and Spring Term 2022.
Share your Expertise, Teach for OLLI Mason!
- To teach a course for OLLI Mason, please complete the online course proposal form found at: https://olli.gmu.edu/olli-course-proposal-form/ You may also download and print the form and submit it to the OLLI Mason office, ATTN: Program Associates. Class ideas, questions about teaching or preliminary proposals should be emailed to email@example.com.
- If you plan to teach a course/presentation associated with a trip or performance, you need to submit a course proposal, with description, so we can place it in the catalog. We will also need you to submit a special event form to allow staff to secure all needed resources (bus, tickets, etc.) associated with your trip/performance. The special event form can be found at: https://olli.gmu.edu/special-event-information/
- OLLI Mason member volunteers on the program committee and in subject area program planning groups review and select course offerings for each term from proposals submitted by past and prospective instructors. Please contact a program associate at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like information on joining a program planning group.
About Our Teachers
- OLLI Mason welcomes dynamic and engaging volunteer instructors to share their knowledge, passions and hobbies with our community of lifelong learners.
- OLLI Mason faculty includes all types of instructors, those who have taught in a university or other educational institution, as well as those who have not taught before but have a particular art, hobby or interest to share. OLLI Mason faculty and students enjoy exploring intellectual issues together without the pressure of exams or grades.
About Our Classes
- OLLI Summer Term and Fall Term 2021 Classes will be taught online. Decisions about future terms will be made as conditions are assessed.
- Offered during daytime hours in our four-week winter term, eight-week spring term, six-week summer term and eight-week fall term. For term dates, click here.
- Held at locations in Fairfax, Reston and Loudoun. For directions to our sites, click here.
- Two categories: Once-a-week courses lasting 2 to 8 weeks and onetime presentations. Our class sessions are generally 85 minutes long.
- A classroom with engaged and appreciative lifelong learners.
- Instructors who are not OLLI Mason members and were not for the previous term may attend a maximum of two courses during each term they teach on a space-available basis, with members who register having priority.
- Enjoy invitations to special events and receptions hosted by OLLI Mason.
Deadlines for submitting course proposals
- Winter Term 2022, Jan. 24-Feb. 18, proposals must be received by July 26, 2021.
- Spring Term 2022, Mar. 28-May 20, proposals must be received by October 8, 2021.